‘Better Together – Fostering inclusion in family travel’
October 23 – 27, 2017 • Royal Caribbean International’s Majesty of the Seas • Port Canaveral, Florida
The annual Summit of the Family Travel Association (FTA) is a trade-only, conference-style event that brings together family travel experts, industry leaders, and media for three days of inspiring presentations, interactive workshops, enlightening research, and a diverse array of networking opportunities. It has become the preeminent industry event to:
- Network with family-focused tour operators and media
- Further personal development and knowledge of the trends in family travel
- Help promote your family travel products to the travel industry’s influencers and decision-makers
- More than 40 media, including AFAR, Family Fun, Scholastic Parent & Child, Expedia, Travel Age West, and a host of vetted, quality bloggers and freelancers
- Industry leaders from Disney, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, the U.S. National Park Service, Keystone Resort, and Kampgrounds of America
- Dozens of buyers, both agents and tour operators (Globus, Lindblad, Scott Dunn, etc.)
- Destinations from the U.S. Virgin Islands to Anchorage (and many in between, like South Dakota, Arizona, and Florida) and attendees from Australia, Italy, Ecuador, Costa Rica, and many more
- Industry service providers and other B2B opportunities
And we managed to make great business fun, with a variety of networking activities (hiking, horseback riding, a SCUBA demo, museum tours, and more), a local dine around night in delicious downtown Tucson, and a closing night outdoor cowboy cookout at the spectacular Tanque Verde Guest Ranch.
In 2015, family travel industry leaders and decision-makers took over the Mountain Sky Guest Ranch in Montana for networking, professional development, knowledge sharing, and more. Attendees included AFAR media, Travel + Leisure, Travel Age West, USA Today, Austin Adventures, Disney, Expedia, Geographic Expeditions, Lindblad Expeditions, Montana Tourism, Royal Caribbean, South Dakota Tourism, and many more.
For more information, please review our FTA Summit Deck which you can download via this link. Otherwise, we’ll be announcing soon the location for 2017! To get the latest information on the 2017 Summit, please sign up for our newsletter or email FTA’s Executive Director directly.
To review the 2016 event, please check out:
- Day-by-day Recap
- 2016 Agenda
- 2016 Attendees
- 2016 Gallery
- 2016 FAM tours (for media and buyers)
- The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
To Review the 2015 event, please check out:
Family Travel News
Set in the center of Lisbon’s historic and fashionable district of Chiado, Martinhal Chiado Family Suites is the world’s first elegant city-centre family hotel.Continue Reading Story
Family Vacation Critic has released its annual list of the best hotels for families in 2017, including a handful of FTA members.Continue Reading Story
The Family Travel Association successfully completed its first-ever FTA Travel Agent Council Forum of the industry's leading family travel agents.Continue Reading Story
The trend of immediate and extended families pursuing active family travel together continues to grow. Backroads is rising to the challenge.Continue Reading Story
The hard work has paid off! Within a year, airlines will be required to keep families flying together thanks to a new law passed by the U.S. Congress.Continue Reading Story
The family travel market is poised for significant growth, according to a new study from the Family Travel Association.Continue Reading Story
The Family Travel Association is proud to partner with and pledge its support to the White House's Every Kid in a Park campaign. Join us!Continue Reading Story
Nobody likes to be played for a fool, but that’s what’s often the case when you visit, volunteer at or contribute to an overseas “orphanage.” Perhaps traveling families should take a stand and call for an end to orphanage tourism.Continue Reading Story
Kartagener Associates Inc.
Founded in 1995 with the idea of creating marketing solutions for travel companies looking to increase sales in North America, Kartagener Associates Inc. (KAI) specializes in promoting the travel and tourism industries.Learn More