As parts of the country begin the process of opening up, travelers are looking forward to getting back on the road and in the skies according to the most recent Longwoods International tracking study of American travelers. (Link to rest of story below)
For the first trip when it is appropriate to travel again half (52%) of respondents will visit friends and family domestically. Among those traveling for that purpose, three-fourths (76%) will travel by car and a quarter (24%) by plane.
Overall, 86% of travelers plan to visit a domestic destination, 4% an international one, and 2% plan on taking a staycation in the area where they live. Only 8% don?t intend to travel during the next 6 months.
Looking at the first trips domestic travelers intend to take, three fourths (74%) will be by car and a quarter (26%) will be by plane. For those driving, half of those trips will be within 200 miles from home (52%), while the other half will be further afield (48%).
?Despite the pandemic, Americans are eager to travel, especially to spend time with family and friends,? said Amir Eylon, President and CEO of Longwoods International. ?The vast majority of Americans will make their first trip after the pandemic in the U.S., with only 4% planning international travel as their first destination.?
About 70% of those surveyed have trips planned in the next six months, which has remained steady over the past four weeks. And while the impact of the coronavirus pandemic continues to be a major factor regarding future travel, with 55% of respondents saying it will greatly impact their travel in the next six months, that percentage is down from 67% four weeks ago. The impact of the economy on travel in the next six months has remained virtually unchanged during the pandemic, with 22% saying economic factors will greatly impact their travel in the next six months.
The survey, supported by Miles Partnership, was fielded April 29, 2020 using a national sample randomly drawn from a consumer panel of 1,000 adults, ages 18 and over. Quotas were used to match Census targets for age, gender, and region to make the survey representative of the U. S. population.
- More Information ? Longwoods International: https://longwoods-intl.com/covid-19-travel-sentiment-study-wave-8 Updated weekly research available every Tuesday: https://longwoods-intl.com/news
- More Information ? Miles Partnership: covid19.milespartnership.com/
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *