Saint Lucia consistently ranks at the top of romantic Caribbean islands, but what many families and travel agents might not be aware of is that it is also a very kid-friendly destination. For any agent whose clients are looking for a lush getaway, with a diverse set of family-oriented resorts and activities, Saint Lucia should rank at the top of your options.
Five of the most popular kid-friendly resorts are:
- Coconut Bay Resort and Spa – This resort offers the Cocoland Kidz Club, a babysitting service for children from 3 months to up to 12 years old. In addition, the resort offers a water park, mini zip line ride, mini rock-climbing facilities, movie nights and more.
- St. James Club Morgan Bay – Their kids club takes children from 2 to 11 years old, with activities like jewelry making, tie-dye and face painting. The resort also offers babysitting services from 7:30 – 10:30 pm where kids can enjoy a night of Karaoke, mini disco, Wii games and more.
- The Landing Resort and Spa – This resort offers a complimentary program for children ages 4 to 12, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Activities include picnic trips to “Pigeon Island,” fishing by the bay, outdoor games like cricket, volleyball, and treasure hunts. Also available are babysitting services at an extra cost so mom and dad can have a romantic evening alone.
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort – This locally owned and managed resort offers the Coral Kidz Club, including a range of supervised activities like crab hunts, arts and craft nature walks, table tennis and beach games for kids ages 4 to 12 years old. And nearby is a water park where Bay Gardens guests receive complimentary passes.
- The Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort – The Jacquot Fun Club is for children 4 to 12 years old. The club offers pool parties, basketball, historical trips, “Pirate” and talent nights, as well as a babysitting service for children 4 years and under (at an extra cost).
Outside of the resorts, St. Lucia’s topography is both one of its most stunning visual features, and the source of so many activities families can experience. It’s steep rising mountains and lush rainforests beckon families to explore and discover.
For example, families can hike the Pitons, Saint Lucia’s two iconic volcanic plugs located near the town of Soufrière. The two peaks offer spectacular views of the island. Gros Pitons is the larger and most popular of the two and topping out at more than 2,500 feet, it is recommended agents find their clients a reliable local guide.
Nearby is the dormant Soufrière volcano, what the island calls the world’s only drive-through volcano. The 111-acre park includes hiking trails, hot springs and healing mud baths.
At Anse Chastanet beach, just up the road from Soufrière, families can snorkel in coral reefs that are the home to more than 150 species of tropical fish.
Inland, Saint Lucia features numerous rainforests, including Enbas Saut Rainforest Trail & Waterfalls, at the foot of the island’s highest peak, Mount Gimie. A 2.5-mile-long trail takes families past two waterfalls, and affords a possible glimpse of the Saint Lucian Parrot and the Saint Lucian Oriole. Other forests offer ziplining and other adventures.
FTA member Hortensia Joseph can provide more information about Saint Lucia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *