After launching the industry’s first ever family travel certification course, the FTA collaborated with Family Getaways and the Northstar Travel Group to further their efforts to educate travel professionals on selling family travel and help them take advantage of the fastest growing segment across the entire industry.
This week kicked off a co-produced, year-long multifaceted marketing program with a live webinar roundtable discussion, “Why Specializing in Family Travel” hosted by Travel Age West’s Editor-in-Chief, Ken Shaprio. The FTA’s President, Rainer Jenss, along with the program’s participating partners: AMResorts, Intrepid, Playa Resorts, MSC Cruises, and Sandos Hotels & Resorts offered their perspectives to a group of several hundred agents who tuned in live.
Agents interested in watching the achieved webinar can still register via this link and view it on demand for one year.
“We’re all extremely excited by the results of the latest joint project between Family Getaways and the Family Travel Association,” said Ken Shapiro, Editor-in-Chief of Family Getaways and TravelAge West. “We used great FTA writers and agents in order to create a comprehensive resource for anyone interested in this market. And I think it will do a lot to further establish the FTA as the leader in family travel.”
The program also includes
- Digital Guide: “Discover What’s Possible in Family Travel” – A hands-on resource for selling family travel and brands geared towards family travel experiences. The guide is promoted to travel agents in North America via Northstar Travel Group’s database & Family Getaways
- Webinars: The next one, “Discover What’s Possible in Family Travel” will powered by the FTA, Family Getaways and any new participating partners who sign on
- Co-branded eNewsletters: Distributed nationally to Northstar Travel Group’s database of Travel Agents
- Family Immersive Experience: A dedicated microsite for participating partners located in a special section of travelagewest.com for travel agents to learn and experience more about family travel brands
The program goals are to:
- Help agents grow their family travel business
- Educate travel professionals on how to work more effectively with families
- Connect FTA and its members to travel professionals
- Provide FTA Members marketing opportunities within each platform
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *