Introduction to the Family Travel Association Supplier Family-Friendly Certification
We are proud to share with you our most important initiative to date: The FTA Family-Friendly Certification Program. As the industry voice for family travel, the FTA has taken the lead in developing industry standards and guidelines that define what it means to be truly family-friendly and identify what suppliers need to do to earn this designation.
Increasingly, travel advisors and the traveling public are seeking ways to evaluate and select companies that are truly family-friendly. This certification takes the guesswork out of choosing Family-Friendly Suppliers. Certified suppliers will go through an application and audit process, confirming they meet the established criteria to be designated Family Friendly by the FTA.
“Our ultimate goal with this program and the Association at large is to help our industry better meet the needs and expectations of traveling families,” says Rainer Jenss, founder of the FTA. “By creating these industry guidelines, we are hoping to set the standards that will assist organizations when developing products and services for families, and help travel advisors choose who to work with when planning their clients’ vacations.”
Setting the Standard: What are the Standards and Guidelines?
Attractions • Cruise • Hotel • Resort • Tour Operators • DMO/DMC (coming soon)
More than a logo: The benefits of becoming certified
- Inclusion in FTA Press Release
- A personalized Press Release written by FTA Certification Team for your company’s distribution
- An email template for you to customize and send to your mail list
- A blog provide by the FTA Certification team posted on the FTA blog which highlights items discussed in this training where your company is going “above and beyond” certification
- Your company highlighted as a Certified FTA Family Travel Supplier on FTAs Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Inclusion on an FTA email to their travel advisors noting you as a Certified Family Travel Supplier
- The Certified FTA Family Travel Supplier logo for your marketing use
Get Certified: How to apply to become a FTA Certified Family-Travel Supplier
The first step to applying is to review the full Standards and Guidelines for your supplier type. To become certified, suppliers must meet the mandatory requirements as well as a minimum percentage of the non-mandatory requirements*.
To go a step further the FTA used these standards to develop a certification process that requires suppliers to apply for certification and undergo an audit of current practices. After submission of the application and an outside audit, travel suppliers who meet a certain percentage of standards are certified family-friendly and will enter the certification phase where they will participate in coaching, standard marketing package training, and receive logo usage rights.
Certification and Travel Advisors: Travel Advisors can nominate suppliers!
What does it cost to become certified?
Additional questions – feel free to reach out to the FTA Certification Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
*see full standard and guidelines by supplier type for details on requirements for certification