Lindblad ExpeditionsGo to All Members
Expeditions are extraordinary experiences—designed with curious, intelligent people in mind. There are opportunities:
- To go to the planet’s exceptional places, many of which are either otherwise inaccessible (e.g. Antarctica) or best accessed by a ship (e.g. Galápagos, Alaska, Baja’s Sea of Cortez, Costa Rica & Panama, to name only a few)
- To have privileged, personal encounters with the world’s wonders
- To travel accompanied by veteran expedition teams with the expertise to ensure you see all the facets, and contribute insight along the way
- To share the experience with like-minded others
- To have incredible stories to share, a priceless stock of memories, and perhaps, even the best photos of your life
We believe that travelers don’t want to be passive tourists, so our expeditions foster active engagement. Our ships are equipped with tools for exploration—to get you out there for up-close forays, or to let you see deeper into the marine or terrestrial environments surrounding you.
You will see and do things that are cool. Watching killer whales circle a seal on an ice flow, devising hunting strategies before your eyes is cool. Having a gray whale calf surface alongside your Zodiac is cool. As is having a marine biologist and a National Geographic photographer with you when it happens.
A superb expedition team greatly adds to your understanding and appreciation — through dedicated looking to make sure you miss nothing while providing insightful commentary on all you see. And giving engaging presentations that weave the expedition into a cohesive narrative for you.
You will share the experience with genuinely interesting people and you can dine with whom you wish. Share a drink with anyone from a naturalist to the guest speaker on board. Hole up in the library with a good book or participate in collective sociability when the mood strikes. Many friendships are sparked aboard Lindblad ships. And families traveling together reaffirm bonds in revitalizing ways.
Whether you’re planning to travel independently, share the experience with your spouse, significant other, friends, or bring the whole clan to celebrate a landmark event, an expedition with us will exceed your expectations, and change the way you see the world. It might even change your life.