What is the application process?
- Travel Supplier applies online and submits application fee to FTA.
- Once payment is received and processed by FTA Certification Staff, the Applicant will receive a confirmation email from the FTA Certification Staff and will include:
- Full FTA Family Friendly Travel Standards and Guidelines for the supplier type applying
- Application guide for FTA Family Friendly Travel Supplier Certification for the supplier type applying. – attachment
- Instructions on how to complete the application. – attachment
- A due date of when paperwork must all be submitted to the FTA Certification Staff.
- Unique link to Basecamp to upload documents.
- When all documents are uploaded, a notice will be sent to the FTA Certification Staff and staff will confirm all documents are uploaded.
- If complete, the FTA Certification Staff will send an email to the Applicant confirming their application package was received and is fully complete and will include next steps.
- If incomplete, the FTA Staff will send an email to the supplier informing them the application package is incomplete and will be returned to them with a list of what was missing.
- Once the application package is complete, the Third-party certifier will email the Applicant that they have received the application package from the FTA Certification Staff and will begin the review process.
- Invoice for remaining balance due is sent to the Applicant (if applicable).
- Certification interview with Third-party certifier is scheduled and completed.
- If certification interview is successful, the Applicant will receive a congratulatory letter stating they passed and they will receive their full certification.
- If certification interview is unsuccessful, the certifier will work with the FTA to build a certification checklist of any missing items or items that need to be re-done within 6 months.
- If the Applicant completes all missing items and sends them to the FTA for review by the Third Party certifier within the 6 months and all items are confirmed as complete, the Applicant will receive a congratulatory letter stating they passed and they will receive their full certification.
- After successful certification interview, applicant attends the required training.
- After completing the training, the Applicant receives the official certification, marketing materials and the FTA Family Friendly Travel Supplier Certification logo to use on their website.
How Long Is Certification Valid?
- Certification is valid for two years from date of issuance, unless the Applicant fails to maintain all mandatory standards during the certification period.
What marketing benefits will certified suppliers receive:
- Inclusion in FTA Press Release
- A personalized Press Release written by FTA Certification Team for your company’s distribution
- An email template for you to customize and send to your mail list
- A blog provide by the FTA Certification team posted on the FTA blog which highlights items discussed in this training where your company is going “above and beyond” certification
- Your company highlighted as a Certified FTA Family Travel Supplier on FTAs Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Inclusion on an FTA email to their travel advisors noting you as a Certified Family Travel Supplier
- The Certified FTA Family Travel Supplier logo for your marketing use
What is the cost to be certified?
What are the payment terms?
- The $1000 application fee is non-refundable whether certification is achieved or not. Applications have 60 days after receipt of the application to fill out and submit the completed application and supporting documentation to the FTA Family Friendly Travel Supplier accreditation team. If certification is approved, the applicant has 30 days to submit the balance due and schedule the required training course. Certification is good for 24 months from the date of issuance. The applicant must reapply for FTA Family Friendly Travel Supplier Certification status 90-days prior to the end of certification in order to allow sufficient time to avoid a lapse in certification. FTA Family Friendly Travel Supplier Certification status may be withdrawn if the supplier fails to maintain all mandatory standards during the certification period.