As every parent knows, packing for a family trip can be a serious challenge. Here some family travel gear that will deepen a parent’s travel toolbox, as well as some top picks by fellow moms and dads who work in the travel industry.Continue Reading Story
Exploring the World Together
A pioneering brand in travel trade media, Family Getaways is the only trade magazine focused solely on family travel — one of the fastest-growing and wide-ranging forms of travel.
Family Getaways, created by the award-winning editorial team behind long-standing travel agent favorite TravelAge West, is distributed nationally six times a year to the subscribers of both TravelAge West and Travel Weekly. It reaches more than 50,000 travel professionals across the U.S. and Canada.
Each issue of Family Getaways features articles on a variety of destinations, trends and niche topics. Regular departments include:
- Features: Trends, destinations and suppliers explored in detail, including roundups and first-person reviews
- Guidebook: A destination report on family travel to a major North American city
- Scrapbook: A first-person account of a family travel experience written by a parent or a child
- Travelog: Featuring “Fave Finds,” theme park updates, recent surveys and more
- Deals & Discounts: Special offers from family travel suppliers
- Tour & Cruise News: The latest in family travel from tour operators and cruise lines
Family Getaways also has a robust online presence on the Family Travel gateway of TravelAgeWest.com. The site provides exclusive and supplemental editorial coverage, as well as on-site reviews, photo tours and videos, industry news, interviews and more.
Finally, the Family Getaways monthly e-newsletter features exclusive stories, deals, destination news, fams, sales tips and more to an opt-in list of travel agents who are focused on selling family travel.