No matter what time of year, one-of-kind experiences await your family in Finland.
Shellie Bailey-Shah has written extensively about various destinations and topics related to Finland on KidTripster.com.
- 10 Things to know before you rent & drive a car in Finland
- 11 Things to know before taking your family to Finland
- 10 Things for your family to do in nature just an hour from Helsinki
- 12 Places to take your tweens & teens to experience the history, culture & fun of Helsinki
- 10 Most unusual & memorable places for your family to stay while exploring Finland
- 5 Things to know about flying Finnair, the official airline of Santa Claus
- A complete list of Finnish food favorites to sample on your vacation to Finland
- 4 Helsinki hotels that ooze style while still being family-friendly
- 4 Best stays for families who want to experience the Finnish outdoors without pitching a tent
- 10 Things to know about planning a vacation to Santa’s Lapland home
- 10 Best ways to experience the magic of Rovaniemi, Santa’s hometown in Finnish Lapland
- Ivalo: Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Lapland
Shellie Bailey-Shah – Editor of KidTripster
Shellie Bailey-Shah is the editor of KidTripster, an online resource that provides information and inspiration to families traveling anywhere in the world. She is a former television report-turned-travel journalist who made the transition after her family embarked on a 72-day trip around the world. To date, she’s visited 38 countries and all 7 continents – most of them with her kids who are 16 and 19 years old.
Shellie has visited Finland twice: once during the winter and once during the fall – each time exploring different areas and attractions.
ABOUT OUR HOST
Thanks to the generosity of his grandmother, Aaron Schlein traveled to four continents and a dozen countries before he was old enough to vote. Those early trips convinced him that travel is an essential part of life.
More than two decades later, Aaron remains inspired by his grandmother’s generosity. He is committed to honoring her legacy by sharing the gift of travel with his own kids—and by helping other parents do the same.
Aaron also helps new entrepreneurs use their personal stories to build a network, expand influence, and strengthen relationships.
Aaron lives in Sacramento, California with his wife and two children (who are growing up too fast!)
Learn more at AaronSchlein.com.
Nothing educates like travel does. Learning history from a textbook, or even through video, can’t match the opportunity for a child to be immersed in an environment where they can experience history firsthand. That’s why the Wyoming Office of TouContinue Reading Story
Back in 2015, the US Travel Association (USTA) launched Project: Time Off, to change the culture surrounding the use of personal time off. For the next three years, the USTA invested in groundbreaking research, publicizing the benefits of using vacatContinue Reading Story
Space Camp USA
Launch into the adventure of a lifetime when you join the ranks of Space Camp® where aspiring explorers command, navigate and contribute to a sophisticated space mission simulation in this overnight programs at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center®, the Official Visitor Center for NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.Learn More Join FTA