October 22 – 26, 2016 • Westin La Paloma • Tucson, Arizona
The annual Summit of the Family Travel Association (FTA) is a trade-only, conference-style event that brings together family travel experts, industry leaders, and media for three days of inspiring presentations, interactive workshops, enlightening research, and a diverse array of networking opportunities. It has become the preeminent industry event to:
- Network with family-focused tour operators and media
- Further personal development and knowledge of the trends in family travel
- Help promote your family travel products to the travel industry’s influencers and decision-makers
- More than 40 media, including AFAR, Family Fun, Scholastic Parent & Child, Expedia, Travel Age West, and a host of vetted, quality bloggers and freelancers
- Industry leaders from Disney, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, the U.S. National Park Service, Keystone Resort, and Kampgrounds of America
- Dozens of buyers, both agents and tour operators (Globus, Lindblad, Scott Dunn, etc.)
- Destinations from the U.S. Virgin Islands to Anchorage (and many in between, like South Dakota, Arizona, and Florida) and attendees from Australia, Italy, Ecuador, Costa Rica, and many more
- Industry service providers and other B2B opportunities
And we managed to make great business fun, with a variety of networking activities (hiking, horseback riding, a SCUBA demo, museum tours, and more), a local dine around night in delicious downtown Tucson, and a closing night outdoor cowboy cookout at the spectacular Tanque Verde Guest Ranch.
In 2015, family travel industry leaders and decision-makers took over the Mountain Sky Guest Ranch in Montana for networking, professional development, knowledge sharing, and more. Attendees included AFAR media, Travel + Leisure, Travel Age West, USA Today, Austin Adventures, Disney, Expedia, Geographic Expeditions, Lindblad Expeditions, Montana Tourism, Royal Caribbean, South Dakota Tourism, and many more.
For more information, please review our FTA Summit Deck which you can download via this link. Otherwise, we’ll be announcing soon the location for 2017! To get the latest information on the 2017 Summit, please sign up for our newsletter or email FTA’s Executive Director directly.
To review the 2016 event, please check out:
- Day-by-day Recap
- 2016 Agenda
- 2016 Attendees
- 2016 Gallery
- 2016 FAM tours (for media and buyers)
- The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
To Review the 2015 event, please check out:
Nothing educates like travel does. Learning history from a textbook, or even through video, can’t match the opportunity for a child to be immersed in an environment where they can experience history firsthand. That’s why the Wyoming Office of TouContinue Reading Story
Back in 2015, the US Travel Association (USTA) launched Project: Time Off, to change the culture surrounding the use of personal time off. For the next three years, the USTA invested in groundbreaking research, publicizing the benefits of using vacatContinue Reading Story