Stay tuned for dates and location for 2018 soon!
The annual FTA Summit is a trade-only, conference-style event that brings together the leading players and key influencers in family travel, including top suppliers, A-list media and travel agents who specialize in this important market segment. Come prepared to network with fellow FTA members and industry professionals while gaining key insights and learning about best practices from the experts in family travel via three full days of inspiring presentations, interactive workshops, enlightening research, and a diverse array of networking opportunities.
Our Summit has become the preeminent industry event to network with family-focused tour operators and agents, learn what’s shaping family travel, meet with travel media, share best practices, access both consumer and trade research, and help promote your family product to the travel industry’s influencers and decision-makers.
At the Summit, family travel industry leaders and decision-makers convene for networking, professional development, knowledge sharing, and more. Attendees have included
- More than 40 media, including AFAR, Family Fun, Scholastic Parent & Child, Expedia, Travel Age West, and a host of vetted, quality bloggers and freelancers
- Industry leaders from Disney, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, the U.S. National Park Service, Keystone Resort, and Kampgrounds of America
- Dozens of buyers, both agents and tour operators (Globus, Lindblad, Scott Dunn, etc.)
- Destinations from the U.S. Virgin Islands to Anchorage (and many in between, like South Dakota, Arizona, and Florida) and attendees from Australia, Italy, Ecuador, Costa Rica, and many more
- Industry service providers and other B2B opportunities
To review the 2017 event, please check out:
You can also watch a video that conveys the energy and excitement of the FTA Summit:
The 2018 FTA Summit will be in late fall at a TBA destination. We hope that you will be able to join us there! Highlights will include:
- A diverse array of media, agents, operators, destinations and industry experts to connect with
- Specific media networking opportunities
- Presenters from industry ‘heavy hitters’
- And, we just might manage to have some fun along the way too with networking dinners and lunches, events at local attractions, etc.
To be kept in the loop, join the FTA Summit email alert list. Contact us and we’ll put you on the list!
Family Travel News
Set in the center of Lisbon’s historic and fashionable district of Chiado, Martinhal Chiado Family Suites is the world’s first elegant city-centre family hotel.Continue Reading Story
Family Vacation Critic has released its annual list of the best hotels for families in 2017, including a handful of FTA members.Continue Reading Story
The Family Travel Association successfully completed its first-ever FTA Travel Agent Council Forum of the industry's leading family travel agents.Continue Reading Story
The trend of immediate and extended families pursuing active family travel together continues to grow. Backroads is rising to the challenge.Continue Reading Story
The hard work has paid off! Within a year, airlines will be required to keep families flying together thanks to a new law passed by the U.S. Congress.Continue Reading Story
The family travel market is poised for significant growth, according to a new study from the Family Travel Association.Continue Reading Story
The Family Travel Association is proud to partner with and pledge its support to the White House's Every Kid in a Park campaign. Join us!Continue Reading Story
Nobody likes to be played for a fool, but that’s what’s often the case when you visit, volunteer at or contribute to an overseas “orphanage.” Perhaps traveling families should take a stand and call for an end to orphanage tourism.Continue Reading Story
Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch
Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch is located in beautiful Plumas County, “The Friendliest County in California” between the historical towns of Graeagle and Quincy, just 70 miles from the Reno/Tahoe International Airport. The Ranch is also near California’s scenic Feather River Canyon and the famously rugged trans-sierra railroad line. This is truly a western paradise for […]Learn More