October 7-10, 2018 • Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda
2018 FTA Summit | Archives: 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | Host a Summit
About the Summit
The annual FTA Summit is a trade-only, conference-style event that brings together the leading players and key influencers in family travel, including top suppliers, A-list media and travel agents who specialize in this important market segment. Come prepared to network with fellow FTA members and industry professionals while gaining key insights and learning about best practices from the experts in family travel via three full days of inspiring presentations, interactive workshops, enlightening research, and a diverse array of networking opportunities.
Our Summit has become the preeminent industry event to network with family-focused tour operators and agents, learn what’s shaping family travel, meet with travel media, share best practices, access both consumer and trade research, and help promote your family product to the travel industry’s influencers and decision-makers.
At the Summit, family travel industry leaders and decision-makers convene for networking, professional development, knowledge sharing, and more. Attendees have included:
- More than 40 media, including AFAR, Family Fun, Scholastic Parent & Child, Expedia, Travel Age West, and a host of vetted, quality bloggers and freelancers
- Industry leaders from Disney, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, the U.S. National Park Service, Keystone Resort, and Kampgrounds of America
- Dozens of buyers, both agents and tour operators (Globus, Lindblad, Scott Dunn, etc.)
- Destinations from the U.S. Virgin Islands to Anchorage (and many in between, like South Dakota, Arizona, and Florida) and attendees from Australia, Italy, Ecuador, Costa Rica, and many more
- Industry service providers and other B2B opportunities
The 2018 FTA Summit will be held on the beautiful island of Bermuda, October 7-10th. We hope that you will be able to join us there! Highlights will include:
- A diverse array of media, agents, operators, destinations and industry experts to connect with
- Specific media networking opportunities
- Presenters from industry ‘heavy hitters’
- And, we will have some fun along the way too with networking dinners and lunches, events at local attractions, etc.
- We’ll kick off the program on Sunday afternoon, October 7th, with travel agent and media meet ups followed by an opening reception hosted by Bermuda Tourism Authority, and end with a closing reception and dinner on Tuesday, October 9th.
- Click here for the tentative Conference Agenda
To be kept in the loop, join the FTA Summit email alert list. Contact us and we’ll put you on the list!
LOOK WHO’S COMING to the 2018 SUMMIT!
- Amanda’s Travels
- Austin Adventures
- Autistic Globetrotting
- Beach Happy Travel/FlyOver Travel
- Belgium with Kids
- Clear Creek Group
- Family Fun Magazine
- Family Travel Association (FTA)
- Family Travel with Colleen Kelly
- Family Vacation Critic
- Globetrotting Mama
- Happy Traveler
- il Viaggio Travel
- Ingenious Travel
- Journeys Within Inc
- Kathy Buckworth
- Kids Are a Trip
- Laura Davidson PR
- Life With A Baby
- Longwoods International
- Magical Storybook Travels
- Ment Law Group
- Neotropic Expeditions
- Northstar Travel Media/Travel Weekly
- Take Two Productions
- Travel Babbo
- Travel Junkie
- Vacation Kids
- Walking On Travels / Twist
Sponsorship delivers increased awareness, brand building, and visibility both prior to the conference as well as onsite. As a sponsor of the FTAS, you will have the unique the opportunity to reach out to a variety of individuals with your message.
Act quickly to give your organization the greatest opportunity to make an impact on the 2018 FTAS conference attendees.
We recognize that each sponsor has a unique set of marketing goals and objectives, we’re happy to put together a customized package for your consideration.
Click here to download the Sponsorship Packages PDF
We have secured a block of rooms at our host hotel, The Fairmont Southampton in Bermuda. Discounted FTA Summit rates are $179 (plus taxes) for single/double and the Fairmont has waived the daily Resort Levy for Summit attendees (an over $15 daily savings), and are available for hotel stays starting Friday, October 5 through Wednesday, October 10 (check out on the 11th). Once you have registered for the Summit, we’ll send along the link to register with our group. So please be sure to register for the Summit by September 6th — after that date the hotel will not assure discounted rate availability.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Family Travel News
Longwoods International and the Family Travel Association join forces to promote family travel in the U.S.
Longwoods International, a leader in tourism market research, and the Family Travel Association, the leading coalition of the family travel industry, have teamed up to produce a new profile of family travel in the United States. Their study, releasedContinue Reading Story
Travel agents definitely have an opportunity when it comes to selling to families who are craving information and price transparency. According to a new study by the Family Travel Association (FTA) and the NYU School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS)Continue Reading Story
Set in the center of Lisbon’s historic and fashionable district of Chiado, Martinhal Chiado Family Suites is the world’s first elegant city-centre family hotel.Continue Reading Story
The New York Times has announced that its annual Travel Show reached a new record of 32,398 participants—the highest attendance in the Show’s history. Attendance included 10,268 travel trade and 22,130 consumer attendees during the three-day evenContinue Reading Story
The Family Travel Association successfully completed its first-ever FTA Travel Agent Council Forum of the industry's leading family travel agents.Continue Reading Story
The trend of immediate and extended families pursuing active family travel together continues to grow. Backroads is rising to the challenge.Continue Reading Story
The hard work has paid off! Within a year, airlines will be required to keep families flying together thanks to a new law passed by the U.S. Congress.Continue Reading Story
The family travel market is poised for significant growth, according to a new study from the Family Travel Association.Continue Reading Story
The Family Travel Association is proud to partner with and pledge its support to the White House's Every Kid in a Park campaign. Join us!Continue Reading Story
Nobody likes to be played for a fool, but that’s what’s often the case when you visit, volunteer at or contribute to an overseas “orphanage.” Perhaps traveling families should take a stand and call for an end to orphanage tourism.Continue Reading Story