Would you know how to call for an emergency responder in Italy? Could you find a pharmacist in Egypt that speaks English? What about the latest health guidelines in Costa Rica?
Even if you’re a seasoned traveler, you can’t account for every situation you may encounter while you’re on the road. That’s where safetravelRX comes in, an app that helps keep your clients safe and secure, no matter where in the world they’re traveling.
The idea for safetravelRX began with just one function, the ability to press a button anywhere in the world and immediately be connected to that country’s emergency services and have text messages sent to your emergency contacts. You don’t want to be caught in an emergency situation with no way to call for help. And this is now just one of a multiple number of essential solutions enabled through the safetravelRX app available to download through your favorite app store.
Since filing their initial patent, the safetravelRX team has built additional features that are indispensable to travelers.
- Easily reach your Emergency Contacts. This feature sends a text message to all of your emergency contacts (just in case someone’s not available).
- Instant destination updates. Whether it’s in the planning phase of a trip or while traveling, app subscribers receive notifications about the destination with real-time updates on weather events, security risks, immigration requirements, COVID status, customs, currency fluctuations, and more.
- Access to a 24/7 Global Concierge desk. The app gives you access to a litany of services provided by the same customer care center who also handle services for premium membership groups like the American Express Black and Platinum Card holders. They handle everything from travel arrangements, language translation, medical care coordination and beyond.
- Emergency evacuations. safetravelRX can connect you to evacuation experts, coordinating with professionals trained to get you out of harm’s way if local services aren’t available. If your customers have their own private security details, safetravelRX can even connect to these services as well.
- Secure storage. Keep your important health info, passport images, visas, insurance details, medications, doctors, online hospital portals, vaccination records all securely stored on your phone through the safetravelRX app.
With all of these features in one place, the intent is to create a “walled garden” for all travelers ranging from those luxury travelers going to the most remote and exotic locations or the weekend traveler that is staying closer to home. As co-founder and CEO Ron DiLeo says, “There are apps in the marketplace that include pieces of what we do, but no app does everything that we do. Our app is a one-stop-shop of travel support services.”
Having just rolled out a new app design, safetravelRX is ready to bring additional value, convenience and security to your travel clients. We talked with DiLeo about what the app can offer Family Travel Association (FTA) members now and what’s to come, asking if he can provide any success stories.
“We have many heartwarming stories I can share starting with an experience that my own business partner and safetravelRX co-founder, Steve Diamond, had while traveling with his wife in Canada,” DiLeo said.” His wife forgot a prescription for one of her medicines, and Steve used the app, called the Global Concierge number and they were able to coordinate with a doctor local to where they were staying and arrange for a prescription to be delivered to a pharmacy not far from their hotel. The 24/7 Concierge Desk made that process a lot easier than having to figure out how to do that on their own.”
“Another recent example came from an executive of a large global travel management company. The person calling was a former colleague of mine and she explained that her brother was seriously ill in Germany and needed to be evacuated. She didn’t know how to find that service and was hoping that we could help her. Sure enough, our Global Concierge Desk was able to connect with her brother’s physician at home and get him out of the country, coordinating all of the complex arrangements. Ordinarily, this type of service would require special travel insurance provisions. However, with safetravelRX, we are able to coordinate all those logistical arrangements and allow customers to apply their own payment options.”
The basic app is free with upgrade options available at a subscription rate of $4.99 per month for as long as customers wish to subscribe. That’s not a lot to pay in exchange for an incredible level of peace of mind. “It’s an app that if you need it, you’re really relieved that you have it. If you don’t need it, it’s still convenient to have. You will sleep a lot better all for a whopping $4.99 per month, less than one specialty coffee. Upgrades are commissionable to FTA-certified agents.”
“Our passion around family travel is around helping people when they need it. Whether it’s for a family on one of their yearly travel junkets or parents of a student studying abroad, we take the worry off their itinerary. Our Global Concierge service is literally the team you want to speak with for any travel situation that arises whether it’s a missed or canceled flight or a health scare. This is the spirit behind one of our trademarked slogans describing safetravelRX as your prescription for safe travel.”
Look for safetravelRX at the 2023 Family Travel Association Summit in Boston, October 12-15. In the meantime, check out all of the safetravelRX features on their website www.safetravelRX.com.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *